Director of Consultancy and International Relations
The Independent Education Consultants is privately owned and will be celebrating its 10th birthday this year. Delivering high-quality services to parents worldwide, advising them on their private school and UK university decisions, we have grown steadily and are now looking to take the next ambitious steps in our development, by recruiting an ambitious, highly motivated self-starter, to join the team at a senior level.
This is a full-time, home-based role, with the flexibility to attend meetings UK countrywide.
The right person for this role will:
- Work alongside the Board and the Managing Director, to set strategic direction and financial goals for the business in future. (Potential for the right candidate to join the Board in time).
- Proactively lead the business towards attaining financial goals by driving the development of current and new business in the market, and provide leadership to the existing team, across all areas.
- Build strong networks to spot and capitalise on opportunities.
- Grow the revenue streams, by nurturing existing international partnerships and existing parent clients, as well as identify and build new customer and partner pipelines. The aim being to secure longer, higher value customer engagements.
- Take responsibility for shaping and delivering services that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own high-quality criteria.
- Set Company marketing strategy, as well as managing and playing an active role in its delivery.
- Be responsible for building, nurturing, and maintaining a strong and sustainable sales pipeline, with the right service propositions and sales processes in place to serve it.
- Monitor service delivery quality. Identify and discuss key educational issues with our clients, to identify and nurture potential opportunities.
- Be responsible for managing, growing, and developing our in-house and associate consultancy team, through hands on training and mentoring. Reporting to the Board on future team recruitment needs, as relevant.
- Deliver some consultancy services to clients, either via partners or directly, as relevant. Adding to the knowledge of the existing consultancy team, extensive experience of the UK Boarding schools’ sector and a passion for sharing this with clients, is crucial.
To do the job well, you should be/have:
- You are a ‘swimmer not a surfer’; responsible for driving business development and winning work, supporting the ongoing growth of the consulting business.
- Be an inspirational leader; manage and motivate your team and drive optimum performance.
- Broad capability experience across business development, delivery, and line management.
- Passion, resilience, and energy to make a difference.
- A high level of self-awareness and desire for further development.
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent, we are open to strong candidates from all relevant backgrounds, but ideally from an education business background.
- Degree educated.
- Fluency in English.
- UK resident.
- DBS checked and cleared.
- Full clean driving license.
- Salary in the region of £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Pension and private healthcare.
- Home-based role.
Please email your CV and a covering letter, as well as the name and contact details for two referees, to Catherine Stoker using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held via telephone and video call, in line with Covid-19 restrictions.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check in line with safeguarding regulations.
Application Deadline: 08/02/2021
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2021