This service is designed to start once your son or daughter is happy with their final course and university choices list and they are ready to start working on drafting their irresistible application. During the first call, your experienced university Consultant will discuss your questionnaire, school reports, exam grades with you and your son or daughter. Collectively, you and your Consultant will create a plan that’s very individual to your family. You will discuss timings for further video calls, setting a to-do-list for your son or daughter, as well as realistic dates and deadlines to agree your final UCAS application draft, ready for checking and submission for feedback from your school.
Some of the things we’ll cover are below:
Personal Statement drafting
- Reviewing why your son or daughter is interested in the subject.
- Reflecting on current studies and their links with the chosen courses.
- Discussing wider reading and other relevant additional educational opportunities.
- Discussing the relevance of any work experience or other activities.
- Exploring broader transferable skills and experiences in relation to the chosen course.
- Providing a framework, as well as examples of successful personal statements where relevant.
- Reviewing a first draft of the statement and providing feedback.
- How to use Unifrog for support materials on writing a strong personal statement.
- How to use educational and extra-curricular experiences to impress an admissions tutor.
- How to focus on the course content and learning style of the chosen university.
- Tips on what to avoid and what to focus on.
- Email feedback and advice for up to 2 further drafts.
- The outcome – a completed first draft of the personal statement.
- Completing the UCAS application
- Guidance on how to complete each section of the online application including: how to register, initial UCAS questions, personal details, choices, education, predicted grades and references.
- How to achieve the best academic references and predicted grades if required.
- Checking the completed application before submission to your school for feedback.
- Other key areas
- Overview on application dates and deadlines and how to prepare for any necessary entrance tests.
- How to make the most of university visits and key questions to ask.
- The outcome – a completed draft application ready for submission to your school for feedback.