Scroll down for more details
UCAS Course and University Shortlist Package
Why this package? – University is a huge financial investment. It’s crucial to get the course and university right. Designed to complement the support provided by your school during their sixth form years, one of our expert university Consultants will work 1-2-1 with your son or daughter via video calls, keeping you in the loop via progress updates throughout.
The outcome – a well-considered path forward via the right shortlist of course and university choices to match career, interests and grade targets. Your son or daughter will be confident they have the right choices and will be ready to move to the next step in the university application process – Planning and drafting an irresistible UCAS application
How to ensure your university and UCAS course choices are a good investment and match career or other goals.
How to get to grips with the UCAS planning, research and choice process, bringing clarity via a step-by-step approach with an expert Consultant to answer all your questions along the way.
How to steer, guide and support effectively, complementing the work on UCAS that is being done with your son or daughter at school.
How to consider and choose the right A Levels or IB subjects for sixth form, so they match career or subject ambitions.
“I just got an email from UCAS to notify me that I got a conditional place from Cardiff Medical School!
I am so relieved and happy! Thank you very much for all your support and helpful resources.”
- Ahead of your first video call with a Consultant, we’ll ask you to complete a detailed questionnaire to enable our Consultant to better understand your son or daughter’s university aims and objectives. This also helps you and your son or daughter to think through your priorities and why.
- After you’ve completed the online questionnaire we’ll ask you to pay your invoice for the service, so we can get you started by booking your first appointment to speak with one of our expert university Consultants via video call. We will request copies of GCSE or equivalent exam results, school reports, plus any other supporting documents that help our expert to get to know your son or daughter’s education history, goals and ambitions.
During the first call, your experienced university Consultant will discuss your questionnaire, school reports, exam grades with you and your son or daughter. Collectively, you and your Consultant will create a university plan that’s very individual to your family. You will discuss timings for further video calls, setting a to-do-list for your son or daughter, as well as realistic dates and deadlines to agree your final UCAS university and course Shortlist. Some of the things we’ll cover are below:
- An overview of the UCAS application timeline and process.
- Considering alternatives to university such as Apprenticeships (where relevant).
- Reviewing your child’s education to date, including the subjects studied and the qualifications/grades received.
- Discussing potential subject choices, linked to careers – steering and guiding towards the right options via your own Unifrog dedicated log in. (Via The Independent Education Consultants’ account with Unifrog)
- Discussing the types of university courses and choices within a focused subject, career or interest.
- Understanding how personality types and individual attributes come into making the right course choice.
- Recommending up to 8 specific courses at universities for your consideration.
- Guidelines on how to research these university courses effectively via Unifrog and other sources – which factors to consider in selecting a university?
- Guidance on making the most of university open days and other ways to find feedback on universities and course choices.
- How to obtain predicted grades for sixth form subjects (if relevant).
- How to decide which courses should be on the final UCAS Shortlist for your son or daughter.
The outcome of the package will be an agreed shortlist of universities and courses that match career, interests and realistic grade targets.
- Are you considering Oxford or Cambridge so need specific additional advice in this area?
- Is Medicine, Veterinary Science or Dentistry your career goal so you need specific advice in this area?
- Do you need specialist advice on university entrance tests and/or interview preparation?
- Are you considering alternatives to UK universities via UCAS, such as applying to US or EU universities?
We have a range of add-on services providing you with the option of a bespoke UCAS Consultancy package, with a focus on your very particular goals. Please do get in touch to ask for more information about this.